Bologna Water Trekking
The construction of the Casalecchio sluice dates back around 1000 years ago; since the water has been flowing into channels and brilliant human works, pouring Bologna, its silk factories, and making the Port and the Salara great. We will cover 7km of history, nature and discovering, along the flowing of Reno Channel through the centuries: the keeper's house, Scaletta, the power station of Canonica, the Grada Tower, only to end at Cavaticcio Park in Bologna city centre. Those are just few of the water works you will look at and take pictures of.
- Groups: the tour will run at the achievement of a minimum of 8 participants
- When: 24th November at 2.20 pm
- Where: Casalecchio sluice entrance gate, Via Porrettana 187, Casalecchio di Reno, Bologna (for those who don't know how to get there, we will meet at Bologna Train station main entrance, under the clock, at 1.45 pm and then go together to Casalecchio by train - please purchase the train ticket in advance)
- Duration: 3-3.30 hours
- Lenght: 7km
- Difficulty: low
- Language: italian
- Itinerary: Casalecchio di Reno sluice - Parco del Cavaticcio (10 min. walking from the Bologna train station)
- Price: 10€ (the train ticket is not included and must be purchased separetely)
If you have any question or doubt, please contact us on the form below.
We organized trekking for groups as well on request, english language is available (plase note that the rate per person might change depending on the group size)!
In partnership with Cooperativa "Giovani, Ambiente, Lavoro"