Modena | Between War and Resistance
From 1943, until the end of the IIWW, Modena was repeatedly and harshly hit by the fascist violence and the Allied bombs. Though the city fought back proudly, it was severely damaged and injured. When the partisans finally freed the city, during that 22nd of April 1945 - few days before the Allied forces entered in, the urban landscape was unrecognizable. In this route, we would like to take a walk back in time, inside the memory, try to imagine how Modena had to look during the conflict. We will go through some of the moments of the war, with particolar attention to those main places and characters of the Resistance.
- Group: no minimum number of partcipants
- When: contact us to discover the next appointment
- Where: Piazza Grande, Modena
- Duration: 2h
- Language: italian (english upon request)
- Itinerary: Piazza Grande, Via Selmi, Piazzale Torti, Sant' Eufemia, Santa Chiara, Novi Sad, Palazzo Ducale, Ghetto, Piazza Torre
- Price: 8€
If you are an organized group or you are looking for specific date, please contact us in the form below.