Turn-of-the-century Postcards: Modena between '800 and '900
Modena. Turn of the 20th century. All starts out from a black-and-white faded picture, accidentally found in a vintage book. We found it interesting, so we have started to take the book with us, showing it to people. They reacted strange, funny, looking at those pictures of the city. More than a century has passed since Modena entered modernity: the changes has been significant, not just in the city shape or architecture, but mostly in the habits, means, places, which the well-known Modena photographic tradition has been able to catch (Bandieri, Orlandini, Roncaglia, Panini collections). Piecing together those pictures with a turn-of-the-20th-century book, we have designed an itinerary that sheds light on few fundamental aspects of a city between two centuries, which keeps reflecting a precise personality and renewing traditions and uses.
- Group: no minimum number of participants
- When: contact us for the next available date
- Where: Piazza Grande (nearby the Pietra Ringadora)
- Duration: 2h
- Itinerary: Piazza Grande, Piazza XX Settembre, via Albinelli, area of San Francesco, via Rua Muro, Largo Sant'Agostino, Piazza Pomposa, Tobacco Manufacture plant
- Language: italian (english upon request)
- Price: 8€
If you are an organized group or you are looking for specific date, please contact us in the form below.