Ravenna Mosaic Tour
The “secret” of mosaic stays in its brightening, conveyed by glassy and golden tesserae, with its capacity to catch the light and then spread it everywhere. Thanks to this, in addition to the high quality of the technique, we can experience the great atmospheres of Basilica di San Vitale and Galla Placidia’s Mausoleum. In the first one, the images are placards which talk to the community and acclaim the authorities, while the second one discloses a private dimension in a nocturnal and vibrating ambiance, which reveals the intimate condition of Empress’s soul.
- Group: min. 2 people
- When: every day, every time
- Meeting Point: Mausoleum of Galla Placidia
- Lenght: 2.00 h
- Language: English, Italian
- Itinerary: Basilica di San vitale- Mausoleo di Galla Placidia - Sant'Appolinare Nuovo
- Additional Info: the entrance to the monuments costs 12,5€ per person (it includes the entrance to the Ravenna UNESCO sites for 7 days: San Vitale, Galla Placidia, Battistero Ortodossi, Cappella Sant'Andrea, Sant'Apollinare Nuovo)
Questions & Answers
Hi! I’m James. The itinerary presented looks awesome to me! What should I do now?
Hi James! Fantastic! Then please proceed to the booking. We will ask you to pay immediately only a reservation fee as the resting amount must be paid at the tour guide. Remember to specify the date and time you prefer most. We will confirm the tour as soon as possible.
Good Morning, I’m Charlie. We would like to have a full day tour in order to go learn asmuch as possible about the city. Is it possible?
Hi Charlie! Of course it is! Please write us an email and tell us more about your ideas. We will organize a tour designed for you.